Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Clipping the Curls



After hearing unnumbered tales of the horrors of taking your child for his first haircut Amber and I decided to finally take on the challenge. Caleb is now 18 months old (At what age do kids cross over from monthhood to yearhood? Do we need to have some sort of celebration to commemorate the event or just let it pass uncelebrated?) and he has inherited his mother’s natural curls. As cute as Amber thought those curls were, they had to go. So I took an hour off work to go with Amber for Caleb’s first haircut, bracing myself for the worst. He walked in, sat in his mommy’s lap in the chair and took it like a man. Not a squirm, not a fit pitched, nothing. He did better in the barber chair than I do. Come to think of it, I think that earns his way into yearhood. Caleb is now a year and a half old.

No comments: